Below are the timings for a typical course day at The Retreat:
- Breakfast: 8:00 – 9:00 buffet breakfast
- Morning Session: 9:30 – 12:30 work in the studio or on location in surrounding areas. When painting on location we leave at 9:00 am)
- Lunch and Siesta 1:00 – 2:30 traditional Italian lunch and time to relax at The Retreat or explore painting location further
- Afternoon session: 3:00 – 5:00 we continue our work from the morning at the studio or on location and discuss progress and share ideas
- Aperitivi: 6:30 a time to reflect upon the day and share ideas and inspirations
- Dinner: 7:00 at The Retreat or a local restaurant
We will undertake evening visits to seasonal local festas and other events in the area. A variety of activities such as a bingo and pizza night, classical film night and other fun events will be offered. We are flexible and incoporate our painter’s wishes into the group, so if you all want to put down the brushes and head off for the beach, we’ll take you to the best beaches and seaside towns for a relaxing afternoon. Our aim is to give you a wonderfully relaxing holiday and inspiring painting experience in one.
Non-painting partners are of course welcome to join all our trips and excursions, where there will be plenty of opportunity to explore the area.